4 Steps to Remove the Share and/or Like Features
On your WordPress blog, there may be times you don’t want the SHARE THIS or LIKE feature to be visible on your blog.
Please note that POSTS have both the SHARE THIS and LIKE features, whereas PAGES only have the SHARE THIS feature.
Here’s how to remove these features:
1. Go to the Dashboard, then click on PAGES or POSTS in the left-hand column.
2. Click on EDIT under the name of the PAGE or POST for which you wish to remove the SHARE THIS and/or LIKE feature.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen below the document box and follow the directions below for either a PAGE or a POST.
- For a POST, scroll to the LIKES AND SHARES heading. There will be the following two checkboxes: (1) show likes on this post; and, (2) show sharing buttons on this post. Remove the check-mark from one or both of the boxes.
- For a PAGE, scroll to the SHARING heading. Under the header there will be a checkbox beside “Show sharing buttons on this post.” Remove the check-mark from the checkbox.
4. Click the UPDATE button in the left-hand column under the PUBLISH heading.
Congratulations! Now you can go to that PAGE or POST and see that the SHARE THIS and/or LIKE features have been removed. Repeat the process for each individual page or post.
- 4 Quick Steps to Removing the WordPress Comment Box (writingtomarketing.wordpress.com)