What Is a Facebook Welcome Page?
First impressions are important. We all know that. A Welcome Page for your Facebook Page can give that first good impression. It takes your Facebook Page to the next level. It distinguishes your Facebook Page as, just that, a Facebook PAGE over a Profile Page. Rather than the look of the Wall, a Facebook Welcome Page gives a unique page view for the first time visitor—and all visitors who have not yet LIKED your page.
Are you a visual person? In order to see what I am talking about, look below or click on Rosie Cochran, Writer to see my Welcome Page. Do you see the difference compared to the regular profile page look?
Of course, if perchance you have already LIKED my page, you are currently staring at my Wall and wondering what I am talking about. By Facebook defaults, the Welcome Page is the first page shown until someone LIKES your page. Once they LIKE your page, your Wall becomes the opening page to them. Therefore, if you find yourself staring at my Wall, click on WELCOME below the Profile Picture in the left-hand column. This will take you too my Welcome Page. That being said, we should design our Welcome Page for the first time visitor.
Three Points to Include in Your Facebook Welcome Page:
1) Give a clear, concise message of who/what your business is. Don’t leave them guessing. Since I write, I have links to my books on my Welcome Page. Click HERE to see a great Welcome Page for the social media company Publicity Hound.
2) Encourage them to LIKE your page. Sometimes people just need to be asked!
3) Encourage them to come on in and visit for a while.
There are many paths to making a Facebook Page. After a bit of research, I chose to use the free version of Pagemodo. It includes various templates and was easy to use. Click on Pagemodo to read more. When you are ready to make your Welcome Page, click on the link called Get Started Now – Connect with Facebook located on the opening page of Pagemodo. When you’re done, send me the link to your Facebook Page so I can see your new creation!
Click to See Categories
- Wondering what to say to a grieving friend? Read David Knapp's book: I Didn't Know What to Say ow.ly/meam3098028 #grieving 2 months ago
- "I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." ~ Neil Armstrong #quotes 2 months ago
- RT @marksasmith: You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. - Margaret Thatcher 2 months ago
- RT @jasondaye: "...nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.… 2 months ago
- RT @pgregbrown: "Jesus drank a cup of wrath without mercy, that we might drink a cup of mercy without wrath." --J. Oswald Sanders 2 months ago