Should Authors Blog?
To blog or not to blog? The question was raised in a forum of writers. Should authors blog?
And if so, why? For what purpose? My answer was a resounding yes!
I began blogging several years ago, mainly as an outlet, as an active way to keep writing.
I’m a former missionary of 20 years, now a full-time secretary, pastor’s wife, and home-schooling mother who has written several books, one of those in the final editing stages. Blogging is my outlet to share experiences. But it’s more than that.
Blogging helps to tone our craft, to reveal our writing style, and to give us credence as writers, as authors. Blogging opens doors to an audience we might otherwise not have encountered. On a practical level, blogging gives us a better author’s platform, which in turn aids in marketing. As writers, we need that platform. We need a voice that will be heard. Blogging can be that platform. Blogging can be that voice.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Rosie Cochran
I am a pastor’s wife, former missionary, mother of four great sons, and author of three books: Betrayed, Identity Revealed, and A Murder Unseen. (Available at: Amazon.com.) I have a passion for God, my family, and writing! Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
Have a question? Email Me!
Click to See Categories
- Wondering what to say to a grieving friend? Read David Knapp's book: I Didn't Know What to Say ow.ly/meam3098028 #grieving 2 months ago
- "I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." ~ Neil Armstrong #quotes 2 months ago
- RT @marksasmith: You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. - Margaret Thatcher 2 months ago
- RT @jasondaye: "...nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.… 2 months ago
- RT @pgregbrown: "Jesus drank a cup of wrath without mercy, that we might drink a cup of mercy without wrath." --J. Oswald Sanders 2 months ago